AGAUL, village 10 km from Nābhā (30º 22'N, 76º 9'E) in Paṭiālā district, has a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Srī Gurū Tegh Bahādur Sāhib. In the course of a journey through this area, Gurū Tegh Bahādur came and sat here under a pīpal tree on the bank of a pond. The old pīpal tree is not there now, but the pond, called Rām Talāī and believed to possess medicinal properties for curing skin diseases, has since been lined and converted into a small sarovar, holy tank. Construction of the Gurdwārā was commenced in 1919 and completed on 1 Chet 1992 Bk/14 March 1935. The building comprises a square dīvān hall, which is an extension of the sanctum where the Gurū Granth Sāhib is installed. The Gurdwārā is managed by a village committee. There is a lithographed copy of the Gurū Granth Sāhib preserved in the Gurdwārā, printed in Nānak Shāhī Sammat 424 (AD 1893). It has 2134 pages and the volume ends with the Rāgamālā with which composition copies of the holy Scripture as a rule conclude.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)