AJṚĀṆĀ KALĀṄ, village in Kurukshetra district of Haryāṇā, 12 km south-west of Shāhābād (30-10'N, 76-53'E), is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur who stopped here in 1670 while on his way from Delhi to join his family at Lakhnaur. A Mañjī Sāhīb established to commemorate the visit of the Gurū exists on the southern side of the village. It consists of a small octagonal domed structure, built on a wider base. The Gurdwārā is administered privately by a Sikh family of the village. A civil suit for the control of the shrine is going on between this family and the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee as represented by the Gurdwārā Committee of Shāhābād.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)