AKOĪ, village 4 km north of Saṅgrūr (30º-14'N, 75º-50'E) in the Punjab, has an old historical shrine in memory of Gurū Hargobind, who is believed to have visited it during his travels through the Mālvā region in 1616. Here he was served with devotion by one Bhāī Māṇak Chand. After the Gurū's departure he constructed a memorial on the spot where the Gurū had stayed, on the northern edge of the village and where Gurdwārā Sāhib Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ was later established. According to local tradition, Gurū Nānak had also visited Akoī. The building constructed by Sardār Dīvān Siṅgh of Baḍrukkhāṅ still survives. It consists of a small room for the Gurū Granth Sāhib, in a long and narrow hall, with a vaulted roof. A new hall, including the sanctum was constructed adjacent to the old building in 1979. A new complex comprising the Gurū kā Laṅgar and lodgings for pilgrims has also been added. The Gurdwārā owns 50 acres of land in three of the surrounding villages and is managed by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.