'ĀLAMPUR, village 11 km southwest of Dasūyā (31º-49'N, 75º-39'E) in Hoshiārpur district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), who stayed here for several days during an hunting expedition. The place where he pitched his tents (tambū, in Punjabi) came to be treated as holy. The shrine subsequently established here was called Gurdwārā Tambū Sāhib Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ. Situated on a low mound about 250 metres south of the village, it was endowed during Sikh rule with a land grant of 75 acres. Its present building constructed by the local saṅgat in 1983 is a small rectangular hall with the sanctum at one end. The Gurdwārā is affiliated to Nirmal Akhāṛā and is managed by Nirmalā priests.