AMAR SIDDHŪ, village 13 km southeast of Lahore along the Lahore-Kasūr road, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), who once visited here travelling from Gurū Māṅgaṭ close to Lahore. Gurdwārā Pātshāhi VI, established to commemorate the visit, was outside the village to the east of it. The building, constructed by Rāi Bahādur Sir Gaṅgā Rām in 1922, was a domed structure in the middle of a small garden. The Gurdwārā was affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee and was administered by the local managing committee of Lahore city. The shrine was abandoned at the time of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)