BALĀCHAUR, a village about 11 km northeast of Jagādhrī (30º-10'N, 77º-18'E) in Ambālā district of Haryāṇā, claims a historical shrine known as Gurdwārā Āgampurā dedicated to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh visited the place travelling from Kapāl Mochan in 1688. The old shrine, a 4. 5 metre square room with a low conical dome over it, built in his honour, has recently been enclosed in a larger rectangular hall. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is installed in the inner sanctum. The Gurdwārā is managed by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.