BĀRĀMŪLĀ (34º-13'N, 74º-23'E), a district town 52 km northwest of Srīnagar in Kashmīr is situated at the mouth of the gorge by which River Jehlum leaves the Kashmīr valley after passing through Wular Lake. Gurū Hargobind, Nānak VI, stayed at Bārāmūlā for a few days during his visit to the valley in 1621. A memorial platform was later constructed on the site by devotees. A gurdwārā, originally named Koṭ Tīrath but now known as Gurdwārā Chhevīṅ Pātshāhī, was established during the reign of Mahārājā Raṇjīt Siṅgh. Its building was badly damaged by an earthquake in 1885. The present building, a marble-floored domed hall was constructed about 1905. A new double-storeyed hall was erected later under the supervision of Bābā Harbaṅs Siṅgh Kār Sevāvāle. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Jammū and Kashmīr Gurdwārā Prabandhak Board through its Bārāmūlā district committee, which also has the responsibility of running an educational institution, Gurū Nānak Model School.