BAUṚĀṄ KALĀṄ, commonly called Rāmgaṛh Bauṛāṅ, a village 5 km southwest of Nābhā (30º-22'N, 76º-9'E), in Paṭiālā district, is known for Gurdwārā Bāolī Sāhib, situated on the boundary of Rāmgaṛh and Bauṛāṅ, commemorating the visit of Gurū Tegh Bahādur. The bāolī which lends its name to the shrine was constructed in 1869 by the widow of Rājā Bharpūr Siṅgh of Nābhā (1840-63). The Gurdwārā building constructed by Mahārājā Hīrā Siṅgh (1843-1911) was replaced by a new one raised in 1972. The present complex has as its central building a well ventilated, flat-roofed hall, with a wide verandah in front. The Gurdwārā is administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)