BAZĪDPUR, village 7 km southeast of Fīrozpur Cantonment (31º-55'N, 74º-36'E) along the Fīrozpur- Ludhiāṇā highway, is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh (1666-1708), who passed through here in 1706 after the battle of Muktsar. Gurdwārā Gurūsar, formerly known as Tittarsar after a legendary partridge (tittar, in Punjabi), marks the site where Gurū Gobind Siṅgh had encamped, and was first constructed in the form of a small Mañjī Sāhib by Bishan Siṅgh Āhlūvālīā, an official under Mahārājā Raṇjīt Siṅgh (1780-1839). It was later developed by members of the ruling house of Farīdkoṭ. Further renovation and additions have been made in recent decades. The complex now has the domed sanctum, a capacious pavilion as dīvān asthān, or congregation hall, and the sarovar in one compound, and Gurū kā Laṅgar and residential accommodation in another one adjoining it.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)