BEERWAH (pronounced Bīrvāh), a sub-divisional town in Badgām district of Jammū and Kashmīr, 35 km southwest of Srīnagar (34º-5'N, 74º-50'E), claims a historical Sikh shrine, Gurdwārā Srī Gurū Nānak Charan Asthān Dūkhnivāraṅ, commemorating the visit of Gurū Nānak to these parts in the early years of the sixteenth century. The old building was washed away by floods in 1948. Only a single small room served as the gurdwārā until the present double-storeyed building was constructed in 1975. Situated on the bank of the rivulet Sukhnālā, south of the town, the shrine has a dīvān hall on the first floor, with the sanctum in the middle. A separate room to the east of the main building serves as Gurū kā Laṅgar. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Jammū and Kashmīr Gurdwārā Prabandhak Board through its Badgām district committee.