BHAGṚĀṆĀ, village 20 km from Rājpura (30º-28'N, 76º-3T'E), in Paṭiālā district, is celebrated for its Gurdwārā Nauvīṅ Pātshāhī. Some old accounts assign this shrine to the neighbouring village of Dādū Mājrā, but it falls now within the revenue limits of Bhagṛāṇā. Gurū Tegh Bahādur halted here in the course of one of his journeys through this region. Two Sikhs, Bhāī Amarū and Bhāī Diālā, served him with devotion. The original memorial set up here was replaced with a Māñjī Sāhib and some ancillary buildings by Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh of Paṭiālā (1798-1845) who also allotted some land for its maintenance.
The 7-metre square domed Mañjī Sāhib is built on a high plinth. Inside it is seated the Gurū Granth Sāhib. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)