BHĀNO KHEṚĪ, a village in Ambālā district of Haryāṇā, is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Being escorted as a small child from Paṭnā to Anandpur, in 1670-71, he made a fairly long halt at Lakhnaur. As he was playing with his friends one day, the ball (gend) hit by him landed near Bhāno Kheṛī and he came here to collect it. Hence the name of the Gurdwārā Gend Sāhib Pātshāhī Dasvīṅ - which now stands outside the village to the northeast. The Gurdwārā consists of a single domed room surrounded by a covered passage for circumambulation. It is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.