BHAVĀNĪGAṚH (30º-14'N, 76º-3'E), also called Ḍhoḍe locally, is a market town 36 km west of Paṭiālā. Gurū Tegh Bahādur arrived here from Ālo Harakh in the course of a journey through the Mālvā region. His devotees constructed a platform around two pīpal trees under which the Gurū had sat. A gurdwārā, called Gurdwārā Srī Gurū Tegh Bahādur Sāhib Jī Pātshāhī Nauvīṅ, was constructed by the local saṅgat in 1916. It is situated on the eastern outskirts of the town, next to Srī Gurū Tegh Bahādur College. It consists of a rectangular hall in front of the domed sanctum. The hall has a wide verandah on three sides with cubicles at the corners. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)