BRĀHMAṆ MĀJRĀ, an old village, about 11 km southeast of Ropaṛ (30º-58'N, 76º-31'E), is sacred to Gurū Hargobind and Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Gurdwārā Gurū Gaṛh Sāhib commemorates the visit of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh on 6 December 1705 when he, with his two elder sons and 40 Sikhs, was on his way from Koṭla Nihaṅg Khān to Chamkaur. The Gurdwārā about 50 metres outside the village, constructed during the 1970's, consists of a square dīvān hall with a verandah in front. The sanctum within it is marked off by 16 square-shaped pillars. The one acre walled compound also contains Gurū kā Laṅgar and rooms for the pilgrims.
The second shrine in the northern part of the village is called Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ in memory of Gurū Hargobind who, it is believed, passed through here in 1638 on his way back from Kurukshetra. The Paṭhāns of Ropaṛ supported by Raṅghaṛs and Gujjars of the surrounding villages made an unprovoked attack on the Gurū to avenge an earlier defeat on 1 July 1635, when Rājā Himmat Chand Hinḍūrī, supported by 100 Sikhs under Bābā Gurdittā, had worsened the Paṭhāns in the battle of Naṅgal Gujjrāṅ. Now finding the Gurū with only a handful of his disciples, a rabble force blocked his way. The Gurū had to take shelter in Brāhmaṇ Mājrā village but the exemplary courage of the Sikhs and the Gurū's own skill in archery kept the multitude at a distance. Meanwhile, reinforcements arrived from Kīratpur and the assailants were driven away with heavy losses. The present Gurdwārā was constructed only in 1975 at the instance of Sant Kartār Siṅgh of Bhiṇḍrāṅ. It consists of a single square room in which the Gurū Granth Sāhib is installed.