BUDDH SIṄGH (d. 1816), son of Khushhāl Siṅgh, nephew of the leader of the Dal Khālsā, Nawāb Kapūr Siṅgh, succeeded his father as head of the Siṅghpurīa misl. He inherited territories in the Bārī Doāb, the Jalandhar Doāb and in the province of Sirhind. He built a fort at Jalandhar and reconstructed at a cost of a lakh of rupees the holy shrine and tank of Tarn Tāran demolished by Nūr ud-Dīn, the local Mughal chief. In 1814, Mahārājā Raṇjīt Siṅgh seized all the possessions of the Siṅghpurīās in the Bārī Doāb, including Kaṭṛā Siṅghpurīāṅ in Amritsar, and Buddh Siṅgh's movable property consisting of elephants, horses and jewellery. A year or so later Buddh Siṅgh's possessions in the Jalandhar Doāb were also confiscated by the Mahārājā and Buddh Siṅgh shifted to his cis-Sutlej estates, establishing his headquarters at Manaulī. Buddh Siṅgh died in 1816 leaving behind seven sons. His territories were however gradually annexed by the British.
Sardār Siṅgh Bhāṭīā