BUDHMOR, commonly called Budhmar, Is a village in Paṭiālā district, 8 km southeast of Ghuṛām (300-7'N, 760 28'E). It is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it during one of his journeys through this region. A Mañjī Sāhib, constructed by Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh (1798-1845) of Paṭiālā, was located east of the village. It was replaced by a new building in 1980 by the followers of Sant Bābā Jīvan Siṅgh. It consists of a square dīvān hall with a domed sanctum, and other ancillary buildings. The shrine, known as Gurdwārā Mañjī Sāhib Pātshāhī Nauvīn, is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee and is administered by a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)