CHĪKĀ, an old village in Kaithal district of Haryāṇā, 26 km west of Pehovā (29º- 59'N, 76º- 35'E), is sacred to Gurū Hargobind and Gurū Tegh Bahādur. The former passed through Chīkā at the time of his visit to Kurukshetra in 1638. Gurū Tegh Bahādur arrived here from Samāṇā en route to Delhi, in 1675, and stayed here for two days with Bhāī Glaurā, the masand of the Bāṅgar area extending up to Hāṅsī and Hissār. A low platform in a room on the first floor of an old house in the northeastern part of the village commemorated the visits of the holy Gurūs. The place was taken over by the successors of Sant Gurmukh Siṅgh during late 1970's for reconstruction. The new Gurdwārā Chhevīṅ ate Nauviṅ Pātshāhī has a large dīvān hall supported by twenty octagonal concrete pillars. Another complex in a compound close by comprises Gurū kā Laṅgar and rooms for pilgrims. The gurdwārā is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)