CHIṬṬĀGOṄG (22º - 21'N, 91º -50'E), a major port town of Bangladesh, situated on the right bank of Karṇāphulī River, 20 km from its mouth, has a historic Sikh shrine, called Gurdwārā Sikh Temple, dedicated to Gurū Nānak, who is believed to have stayed here briefly in 1507-08. Local tradition connects this Gurdwārā with the story of the conversion by Gurū Nānak of Bhāī Jhaṇḍā Bāḍhī, Rājā Sudhar Sen and his nephew, Indra Sen. The story occurs briefly in the B40 Janam-Sākhī and at some length in the Bālā Janam Sākhī. Gurdwārā Sikh Temple is situated in the middle of Chowk Bāzār. An old well adjoining it is still in use. There is some property in the name of the Gurdwārā donated to it by Bhāī Mohan Siṅgh, a Sikh who was Dīwān of Chiṭṭāgoṅg during the rule of Nawāb 'Alī Vardī Khān (d. 1756). The Gurdwārā was administered by a line of Udāsī priests until 1917 when the management was entrusted to a committee of local devotees under the chairmanship of the district judge of Chiṭṭāgoṅg. This arrangement still continues.