DHAMOṬ (30º-42'N, 76º-2'E), village in Ludhiāṇā district, has a historical shrine sacred to Gurū Hargobind. The simple monument which commemorated the Gurū's visit, was replaced in 1917 by a large domed hall to which an imposing double-storeyed gateway was added in 1937. The construction of a still larger dīvān hall to replace the older one was inaugurated on 6 August 1977. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)