ḌHAṆḌ, village 15 km southwest of Amritsar (31º-38'N, 74º-52'E) along the Chheharṭā-Jhabāl road, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), who once came here to fulfil the wish of an old Sikh, Bhāī Laṅgāhā. Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ commemorating the visit stands on the southern outskirts of the village. Its present building was constructed by Sant Gurmukh Siṅgh Sevāvāle in 1929. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated on a canopied seat of white marble in the double-storeyed sanctum in the middle of the dīvān hall. Two Nishān Sāhibs, flags, stand at the entrance of the hall, one on each side. The Gurdwārā is managed by the local saṅgat. Special dīvāns take place on no-moon days and an annual fair is held on amāvasyā, the last day of the dark half of the lunar month of Bhādoṅ (August-September).