ḌIKKH, village 12 km to the north of Mauṛ Kalāṅ (30º-4'N, 75º-14'E) in. Baṭhiṇḍā district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it during his travels in these parts. According to Sākhī Pothī, an humble Sikh entreated the Gurū to come and put up in his house. The Gurū accepted his invitation. He blessed his host who had served him with complete devotion. The Sikh, who was childless, had four sons thereafter. A memorial platform raised in honour of the Gurū, about 200 metres west of the village, was later buried under sand; but, as memory of the Gurū's visit survived, it was uncovered again and a single-room gurdwārā established on the site in 1917. The shrine, now known as Gurdwārā Sāhib Pātshāhī Nauvīṅ, comprises a domed sanctum within a square hall with a verandah on three sides. In an adjacent compound on a lower level are the Gurū kā Laṅgar and rooms for pilgrims. The Gurdwārā owns 10 acres of land and is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. Special congregations take place on full-moon days.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)