DIṚHBĀ, an old town 30 km southeast of Saṅgrūr (30º-14N, 75º-50'E) in the Punjab, has a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Gurū Tegh Bahādur during the third quarter of the seventeenth century. It is known as Gurdwārā Sāhib Pātshāhī IX and is situated on the bank of a deep pond on the northwestern outskirts of the town where the Gurū is believed to have encamped. The sanctum is in the middle one of the three small cubicles built in a row. Over the sanctum there is a square pavilion. A hall was constructed facing the cubicles by Mahant Pākhar Siṅgh alias Kishan Siṅgh in 1955. More recent is the complex comprising the Gurū kā Laṅgar and rooms for pilgrims and a small sarovar, holy tank, dug in 1978. The Gurdwārā owns 7 acres of land and is administered by a village committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)