ḌOḌ, village 13 km northeast of Jaito (30º-26'N, 74º -53'E) in Farīdkoṭ district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh, who visited here during his journey westward from Dīnā in December 1705. According to local tradition, Gurū Hargobind had also been here during his travels through the Mālvā country. Gurdwārā Dhaulsar Pātshāhī Chehmī te Dasmī on the north-western outskirts of the village is dedicated to Gurū Hargobind and Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. It comprises a flat-roofed hall with a verandah on three sides. Another shrine, Gurdwārā Har Sar Pātshāhī X, commemorating Gurū Gobind Siṅgh's visit, is inside the village, and comprises a high-ceilinged hall, with a square sanctum at the far end and a lotus dome overtopping the four storeyed building. Both these Gurdwārās are administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. Alargely attended religious fair is held on 17, 18 and 19 Phāgun (early-March) every year.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)