ḌUḌḌHĪ, a village 7 km to the southwest of Lāḍvā (29º -59'N, 77º -3'E) in Kurukshetra district of Haryāṇā, has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Dioṛhī Sāhib, dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur. As he was travelling in those parts, the Gurū was invited by the inhabitants to visit their village. By this they wished to expiate a misdemeanour they had committed. Gurū Tegh Bahādur accepted their invitation and gave them his blessing. The villagers constructed a platform to commemorate his visit. A Mañjī Sāhib was raised on the site in 1923 by Sikhs from the neighbouring villages, there being no Sikh families in Ḍuḍḍhī itself. The marble-floored Mañjī Sāhib now stands within a spacious hall and has a domed pavilion above it. A lone granthī, custodian, looks after the shrine. Devotees from the neighbourhood gather in large numbers on the first of each Bikramī month when kīrtan and community meals take place. A largely attended annual fair is held on 20 Māgh (early February).
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)