ḌUGGHRĪ, 5 km east of Chamkaur Sāhib (30º-53'N, 76º- 25'E) in Ropaṛ district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur and Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh passed through this village on his way to Chamkaur on 6 December 1705, after leaving Anandpur. It had also been visited by his predecessor, Gurū Tegh Bahādur. Gurdwārā. Pātshāhī 9 and 10, commemorating successive visits by the Gurūs, was constructed by the villagers in the early 1930's near an old banyan tree. A new and bigger building for the Gurdwārā has been raised recently. The shrine is maintained and managed by the village saṅgat or community.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)