DULEY, village in Ludhiāṇā district, 17 km southwest from the city (30º-54'N, 75º-52'E), claims a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Phalāhī Sāhib Pātshāhī 10. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh halted here awhile under a phalāhī tree, while travelling from Ālamgīr to Jodhāṅ at the close of 1705. An imposing new gurdwārā building, a large rectangular hall, has been completed recently. There is a basement below the prakāsh asthān representing the site of the original building, and above it is a room topped by a high-domed pavilion. Four more double-storeyed domed pavilions surround the central pavilion. At each corner of the large hall is a 4-storeyed domed tower, octagonal in shape. For the pilgrims' ablutions, Dasmesh Ghāṭ was constructed in 1967 in commemoration of the 300th birth anniversary of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Similarly, a dining hall with a verandah in front was added to the Gurū kā Laṅgar building in 1969 while celebrating the 500th birth anniversary of Gurū Nānak. Besides the morning and evening religious services, there are classes in scripture reading and devotional music held in the gurdwārā.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)