DURGĀPUR, village 2 km east of Nawāshahr in Jalandhar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ, dedicated to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644) who arrived here from Jindvāl in early 1635. According to local tradition, one Bhāī Mohan attended on the Gurū. A small gurdwārā was established here in 1863 with the support of Bābā Rām Siṅgh Nāmdhārī. The present building raised in 1950 comprises a mosaic-floored hall, with the sanctum at the far end, and verandah all around. Above the sanctum is a square room topped by a dome lined with pieces of glazed tiles. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.