GĀGĀ, village 2 km west of Lahirā (29º-56'N, 75º-48'E), in Saṅgrūr district of the Punjab, was visited by Gurū Tegh Bahādur during his travels in these parts. According to Sākhī Pothī the Gurū arrived here for a night's stay. As the Sikhs went out to collect grass for the horses, the landowners chased them away. The Gurū immediately struck camp and proceeded to Gurne Kalāṅ. Landowners, overcome by remorse when they learnt who the visitor was, followed the Gurū to make expiation for their misdemeanour. Receiving his pardon, the repentant villagers returned to Gāgā and established a mañjī sāhib at the place where the Gurū had halted. A gurdwārā was raised by one Jawāhar Siṅgh in 1848. Sevā Siṅgh, a minister in Nābhā state, reconstructed it in 1876. The building was renovated again in 1975. Gurdwārā Gurū Sar Pātshāhī IX, as it is now called, is a square hall, with a domed sanctum in the middle of it. A portion of the older building, a pavilion with a cubicle at either side, still stands forming the southern side of the hall, with the sarovar to the north of the hall. The Gurdwārā, provided with 108 acres of land, is administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. Special dīvāns are held on the tenth of the light half of every lunar month and on important Sikh anniversaries. Dussehrā, in October, is a festival which is celebrated with great fervour.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)