GUṆĪKE, village 12 km south of Nābhā (30º-22'N, 76º-9'E), in Paṭiālā district, has a historical Gurdwārā, dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur. Situated on the southeastern out-skirts of the village, the Gurdwārā marks the site where the Gurū once stayed on the bank of a pond called Siddhāṅ Vālī Ḍhāb, and where a commemoration platform was later constructed by his devotees. A proper Gurdwārā was constructed on this spot by Rājā Bharpūr Siṅgh of Nābhā (1840-63) in 1860. It consists of a square flat-roofed sanctum opening on a small rectangular hall. This building still stands, but the village saṅgat constructed, in 1975, a new hall in front of it. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is now seated in this hall. The Gurdwārā is managed by a village committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)