GURŪ KĪ ḌHĀB, also known by its old name of Dodā Tāl is north of Jaito (30º-26'N, 74º-53'E). Gurū Gobind Siṅgh passed through here travelling from the nearby village of Sarāvāṅ during his journey westward from Dīnā in December 1705. The tāl or ḍhāb, lit. a large pond, came to be known as Gurū kī Ḍhāb in honour of the Gurū's sojourn. Most of the area has since been reclaimed for cultivation, but a gurdwārā, with a small octagonal sarovar by its side, was constructed during the 1970's. Large gatherings take place on every full-moon day and the first of every Bikramī month attracts devotees in large numbers, especially women with small children, from the surrounding villages.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)