GURŪ MĀṄGAṬ, a village close to Lahore Cantonment, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), who visited it during his stay at Muzaṅg.Gurdwārā Pātshāhī VI, a domed building with a gilded pinnacle about 400 metres southwest of the village, stood on the site where the Gurū had sojourned. The shrine came under the control of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee in 1927. While digging a sarovar (bathing tank) on the back of the new building, an old bāolī or open well with steps descending to water level was discovered and renovated. The shrine was abandoned in the wake of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)