GURŪSAR SATLĀṆĪ, GURDWĀRĀ, 1.5 km south of the railway station named after it, is within the revenue limits of Hoshiārnagar village in Amritsar district of the Punjab. The shrine marks the spot where Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), travelling from Lahore to Amritsar, made a night's halt near a pond. According to local tradition, Gurū Gobind Siṅgh (1666-1708) himself appointed one of his Sikhs, Bulākā Siṅgh, as the custodian of this shrine. The shrine was richly endowed by Sikh rulers and chiefs during the first half of the nineteenth century. The management of the Gurdwārā along with its vast farmlands passed to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee in 1925. In 1974, it was entrusted for renovation and reconstruction to Sant Maṅgal Siṅgh. The main hall is on the ground floor of the six-storeyed building. The water of the old pond, since properly lined and used as sarovar, is believed to have medicinal properties for curing skin diseases. A largely-attended annual fair is held to coincide with the full moon day of Bhādoṅ (August-September).