GURŪSAR, village 11 km northwest of Giddaṛbāha (30º-12N, 74º-39'E) in Farīdkoṭ district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Mañjī Sāhib, sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh, who visited the place in 1706 on his way from Muktsar to Talvaṇḍī Sābo. The Gurdwārā, situated on the bank of the village pond, comprises the old Mañjī Sāhib, a domed octagonal structure skirted by a covered circumambulatory passage, and an assembly hall, added more recently. The 50-metre square sarovar is also a later addition. The Gurdwārā owns 25 acres of land and is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. Special dīvāns are held to mark major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)