HARGANĀṄ, village in Fatehgaṛh Sāhib district 8 km from Bassī Paṭhānāṅ (30º-42'N, 76º-25'E), claims a historical shrine dedicated to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh who stayed here for some time before proceeding to Rāṅvāṅ, in the course of his journey from Kurukshetra to Anandpur in 1702-03. A Mañjī Sāhib was established in the village to commemorate the Gurū's visit. Some of the old buildings still exist and are being used for the Gurū kā Laṅgar and for residential purposes, but the Mañjī Sāhib proper has been replaced by a modern complex completed under the supervision of Sant Indar Siṅgh (d. 1943), who served the shrine for over 40 years. The Gurdwārā is now managed by a village committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)