JAṆḌŪ SIṄGHĀ, village 9 km northeast of Jalandhar (31º-20'N, 75º-35'E) along the Jalandhar-Hoshiārpur road, claims a historic shrine, Gurdwārā Pañj Tīrath, commemorating the visit of Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644). According to local tradition, Gurū Hargobind during his brief stay here shot five arrows in different directions. The name of the shrine Pañj Tīr (lit., five arrows) later became Pañj Tīrath, five places of pilgrimage, The present building, constructed in 1968, comprises an assembly hall, with the sanctum at the far end. To the west of the hall across a brick-paved terrace is the sarovar. The Gurdwārā is managed by a local committee under the control of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.