JĪND (29º-18'N, 76º-19'E), a district town in Haryāṇā, was once the capital of a Sikh state of this name. Even after the capital had been shifted to Saṅgrūr in 1827, the coronation ceremony of the rulers continued to be performed at Jīnd.
GURDWĀRĀ MAÑJĪ SĀHIB SRĪ GURŪ TEGH BAHĀDUR SĀHIB, commemorating the visit of Gurū Tegh Bahādur, was constructed by Rājā Gajpat Siṅgh, the first Sikh ruler of Jīnd state. Of the original building only the three-storeyed gateway now remains. The rest has been replaced by a modern building with a spacious assembly hall the cornerstone of which was laid on 20 April 1975. It is topped with a massive dome, with a domed pavilion at each corner. To the east of the hall is the sarovar. Accomodation for residential purpose and Gurū kā Laṅgar is to the south of it. The Gurdwārā is administered by a local committee with the assistance of a manager appointed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)