JINDVĀL, village 1 km southeast of Baṅgā (31º-11'N, 76ºE) along the Phagwārā-Nawāṅshahr road in Nawāṅshahr district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind, who stayed here for a time, during his journey from Kartārpur to Kīratpur in 1635, to get his favourite horse, Suhelā, treated. The original building of the shrine, Gurdwārā Charan Kaṅval Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ, constructed by Mahārājā Raṇjīt Siṅgh was replaced by a new one raised in 1947. Built in a walled compound entered through an imposing gateway, the central building standing on a high plinth is a square marble-floored hall with the sanctum in the middle and a verandah around it. Above the sanctum is a domed room topped by a gold-plated pinnacle. The sarovar is to the north of the hall and Gurū kā Laṅgar and Mātā Nānakī Library to its south. The Gurdwārā is managed by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services and observance of major Sikh anniversaries, a largely-attended religious fair is held on 21st of Hāṛ (usually 4 July) every year.