JODHĀṄ, village 16 km from Ludhiāṇā (30º-54'N, 75º-52'E), has a gurdwārā in memory of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. The shrine, called Gurdwārā Damdamā Sāhib Pātshāhī 10, marks the site where Gurū Gobind Siṅgh halted for rest during his journey from Ālamgīr to Hehrāṅ towards the close of 1705. The present building, raised in 1954, consists of a square hall with a verandah on three sides. There is an octagonal domed room above the prakāsh asthān. A row of five small rooms on a side provides residential accommodation for pilgrims and travellers. The Gurū kā Laṅgar is at the back. A flat-roofed square room with a basement, constructed within the Gurdwārā compound in 1966, is dedicated to Bābā Sāhib Siṅgh Bedī, who visited the village twice, once in 1794 while on his way to Jagrāoṅ after his Mālerkoṭlā campaign and again in 1798 when he defeated the forces of the Muslim chief of Rāikoṭ in a fierce battle fought at Jodhāṅ.
The Gurdwārā Damdamā Sāhib is administered by a village committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)