KAMĀLPUR, village in Ludhiāṇā district, 10 km southeast of Jagrāoṅ (30º-47'N, 75º-28'E) has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Gurū Gobind Siṅgh Sāhib, situated one kilometre east of the village along Kamālpur-Talvaṇḍī Rāi Kī road. It commemorates the visit of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh during his journey from Hehrāṅ towards Sīloāṇī and Lammāṅ-Jaṭpurā in December 1705. A new building has been constructed to replace the old Mañjī Sāhib raised in 1903. Over the prakāsh asthān, the site of the old building, stands a tall four-storeyed tower capped by a lotus dome covered with glazed tiles in milk-white and grass-green colours. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)