KAṆAKVĀL KALĀṄ (also called Kaṇakvāl Bhaṅgūāṅ), a village 25 km southwest of Sunām (30º-7N, 75º-48'E) in Saṅgrūr district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it during one of his travels through the Mālvā territory. Gurdwārā Sāhib Nauvīṅ Pātshāhī which honours his memory is situated half a kilometre to the northwest of the village across a minor canal distributory. Constructed in 1921, it comprises a square domed sanctum, with cubicles on either side and an assembly hall in front. The Gurdwārā is maintained by the village saṅgat and is served by a lone Nihaṅg who is a native of the village. Seven acres of land are attached to it for its maintenance.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)