KĀOṄKE, village 7 km southwest of Jagrāoṅ (30º-47'N, 75º-28'E), in Ludhiāṇā district, has a historical shrine called Gurū Sar, commemorating the visit of Gurū Hargobind in 1631-32. Approached by a metalled link road, it is two and a half kilometres to the northwest of the village. The small square sanctum with a verandah on three sides and a dome on top was constructed in 1912. In 1955, a square pavilion was added for larger assemblies. The sarovar is on the right of these buildings as one enters the premises, and the Gurū kā Laṅgar and residential accommodation for pilgrims near the entrance gate. The Gurdwārā is administered by a wholetime manager appointed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. There is also a village committee to help the manager. The biggest festivals of the year are Baisākhī and Māghī falling on the first of the Bikramī months of Baisākh and Māgh respectively.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)