KAṬĀṆĪ KALĀṄ, a village about 25 km from Ludhiāṇā (30º-54'N, 75º-52'E), is famous for the historical shrine Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ Ate Dasvīṅ, commonly known as Kaṭāṇā Sāhib. Kaṭāṅī is believed to have been visited by Gurū Hargobind during his journey through the Mālvā country in 1631-34. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh passed through this village on his way from Māchhīvāṛā to Dīnā-Kaṅgaṛ in December 1705. A gurdwārā was established to commemorate the Gurū's visit. The name of the Sixth Gurū was associated with it only during the twentieth century, the Mañjī Sāhib dedicated to Gurū Hargobind having been constructed in 1933.
The present building complex covers about two acres of land including some plots under cultivation. The central hall contains two domed sanctums. The one towards the canal end is dedicated to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh and it is this one which is now particularly referred to as Degsar, in the belief that Gurū Gobind Siṅgh had his first meal after Māchhīvāṛā here (deg signifying sacred food). It is an open pavilion with a marble floor. The other sanctum, dedicated to Gurū Hargobind, is a square room.
The Gurdwārā is administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)