KHUSHĀL SIṄGH (d. 1795), son of Dān Siṅgh, who was the younger brother of Nawāb Kapūr Siṅgh, leader of the Dal Khālsā, succeeded the Nawāb to the leadership of the Siṅghpurīā misl. He added a number of places and parganahs such as Bahrāmpur and Nūrpur to his estate. After the death of Ādīnā Beg, the faujdār of Jalandhar Doāb, Khushāl Siṅgh, along with Jassā Siṅgh Āhlūvālīā, attacked his dīwān Bishambhar Mall in 1759, captured Jalandhar and several adjoining areas. The Āhlūvālīā Sardār allowed Khushāl Siṅgh to make Jalandhar his capital. Khushāl Siṅgh captured the parganahs of Haibatpur and Paṭṭī from the Pathān chief of Kasūr and placed these under the charge of his son, Buddh Siṅgh. At the time of the conquest of Sirhind by Sikhs in January 1764, he acquired Bharatgaṛh, Machhalī, Ghanaulī, Manaulī and several other villages as his share of the booty. He, along with other Sikh sardārs, kept making guerilla attacks upon the invading Afghān hordes of Ahmad Shāh Durrānī whenever he could. Khushāl Siṅgh and Rājā Amar Siṅgh of Paṭiālā seized from the Nawāb of Rāikoṭ 23 villages around Chhat and Banūṛ which remained under their joint control for several years. Khushāl Siṅgh built a Bazar at Amritsar called Kaṭrā Siṅghpurīāṅ, now known as Bazar Kaseriāṅ. Khushāl Siṅgh died in 1795. His territory annually yielded two lakhs in the Bārī Doāb, one lakh in the Jalandhar Doāb and one and a half lakh in the Sirhind province.
Sardār Siṅgh Bhāṭīā