KILĀ RĀIPUR, small town and railway station in Ludhiāṇā district, claims a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Damdamā Sāhib Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ. This gurdwārā was established in recent decades in the belief that Gurū Hargobind halted here awhile during his journey from Ḍehloṅ to Gujjarvāl in 1631. The shrine is a square domed room with the Gurū Granth Sāhib seated under the cupola. A few weapons are displayed on a separate platform near it. The management is in the hands of the Buḍḍhā Dal of the Nihaṅgs.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)