KOṬ SHAMĪR or Koṭ Shamhīr, village 12 km southeast of Baṭhiṇḍā (30º-14'N, 74º-59'E) is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh who visited here during his sojourn at Talvaṇḍī Sābo, in 1706. According to Sākhī Pothī, Bhāī Ḍallā, the local chieftain who was also a disciple, came to call on him. Jaṇḍālīvālā Ṭibbā, a sandy mound, where according to local tradition the meeting took place, can still be seen 2 km south of the village.
Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Dasamī commemorating Gurū Gobind Siṅgh's visit is situated on a low mound, west of the village. It comprises a hall, with a square sanctum in the middle. Above the sanctum is a square room, with a wide coping, topped by a ribbed lotus dome. The Gurdwārā is administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. Besides the daily services, special dīvāns take place on all major Sikh anniversaries. The Gurū Gobind Siṅgh's birthday is marked by a religious procession through the village.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)