KURĀLĪ (30º-48'N, 76º-35'E), a town in Ropaṛ district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind, who halted here on his way back from Kurukshetra to Kīratpur in 1638. Gurdwārā Srī Hargobindgaṛh Sāhib commemorates his visit. Initially, a platform and a modest hut marked the site. The Gurdwārā now is a flat-roofed assembly hall, with decorative domed pavilions at the corners. The management is in the hands of the local saṅgat.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)