LĀKHAN MĀJRĀ, a village in Rohtak district of Haryāṇā, has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Srī Mañjī Sāhib, commemorating the visit of Gurū Tegh Bahādur who, halted here while travelling from Jīnd to Delhi. A single-roomed shrine marked the site until after1947 when immigrants from Pakistan to Delhi and Rohtak thought of enlarging the structure. The present flagmast was raised in 1958, and the foundation of the new five-storeyed building was laid on 24 April 1967. The Gurdwārā now stands in a compound entered through a double-storeyed gateway. The assembly hall, on the ground floor, is mounted over by a domed pavilion on the top storey. An annexe to the east of the hall is Gurū kā Laṅgar.
The Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee manages the shrine through a local committee at Rohtak. Sikhs from Rohtak, Delhi and other places assemble in large numbers on every full-moon day. The biggest festival of the year is Holā Mahallā, which is celebrated in March.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)