MAHIMĀ SHĀHĀṄVĀLĀ, one of the three adjacent villages sharing the name Mahimā, 8 km west of Goniāṇā Maṇḍī (30º-18'N, 74º-54'E) in Baṭhiṇḍā district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, called Gurdwārā Gurūsar Pātshāhī X. The shrine marks the spot where, according to local tradition, Gurū Gobind Siṅgh made a brief halt during his journey, early in 1706, from Lakkhī Jaṅgal to Dān Siṅghvālā. The present building on a high base comprises an assembly hall in front of a semi-octagonal flat-roofed sanctum. The verandah enclosing the hall and the sanctum has a cubical at each corner. Gurū Kā Laṅgar is in a separate enclosure beside the sarovar. The Gurdwārā with a few acres of land around it is controlled by Nihaṅgs of the Buḍḍhā Dal.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)