MAHROṄ, village 7 km southeast of Mogā (30º-48'N, 75º-10'E) in Mogā district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Gurū Sar, in memory of Gurū Hargobind who, according to the local tradition, stopped here on 18 Sāvan 1674 Bk/17 July 1617 on his way from Kāoṅke and Maddoke to ḍaraulī. The Gurdwārā stands on the bank of a pond to the north of the village. It is a new building, a small square domed room, raised in 1931, replacing the old shrine. Additions in the form of a hall with some ancillary buildings were made in 1962. A pavilion has since been constructed for larger assemblies. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is now placed not in the older building but in the hall, on a masonry platform. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a village committee. Special dīvāns and community meals are held on every amāvasyā — the last day of the dark half of the lunar month.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)