MAKORAṚ, village on the left bank of the River Ghaggar, 7 km southeast of Mūṇak (29º-49'N, 75º-53'E,), in the Saṅgrūr district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who stayed here once on his way to Dhamtān. According to the Sākhī Pothī, residence of Gāgā, who had been rude to some of the Sikhs in the Gurū's entourage in their village, but who, repentant of their misdemeanour, had been following him to ask for pardon, were at last forgiven here at the intervention of the saṅgat. Gurdwārā Pātshāhī IX, in the eastern outskirts of the village, was constructed in 1953 by a nobleman of the area, Harchand Siṅgh Jejī, who also made an endowment for its maintenance. The possession was handed over to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee in 1971. Special dīvāns take place on the first of every Bikramī month and on all major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)